Shop Organic

How to Shop Organic 

🌿Do you know when a  product is authentically organic?

Surprisingly, the term “organic” is not regulated by the FDA! It means that anybody can use “organic” on their product, even when it is not actually organic! The same goes for words such as, “natural," “fresh,” and “local.” This misleading marketing strategy is called “greenwashing.”

🌟So, how do we know when our money is being spent on truly organic products?

Easy! Just look for the USDA organic seal displayed and that is your proof.

Search for it on beauty products, foods, drinks, supplements, restaurant menus, and on websites. The seal guarantees a product to be made with at least 95% organic ingredients, which is strictly regulated and includes rules to protect the environment during production.

🌿When we shop USDA Certified Organic, we are rewarding sustainable brands and sending back a message to the greenwashing companies that they do have not access to our wallet!

Look for them while shopping, they will protect you and our planet! Click them to learn more

How to Shop Organic 

💚Happy Canada's Organic Week!🇨🇦 We can all celebrate this week by choosing to be more organic. ✨When we shop in natural grocery stores like Whole Foods and Traders Joe's we still need to spot organic from conventional food! How? 
1️⃣ Choose Food packaging that shows USDA certified organic seal. 2️⃣ Choose produce with the stickers starting with the number 9 (organic), avoid stickers starting with number 8 (genetically modified), number 4 (pesticide). 3️⃣Choose clothes that are certified organic by GOTS (global organic textile standard) 4️⃣Choose USDA certified organic beauty products and home detergents. You can find my favorites on my page and website prettyorganicgirl.com When we buy certified organic we know that they are not only organic but their process and manufacture is under strict environmental rules that protect us and the planet! 🍃😊 I hope more grocery stores turn out to be like @erewhonmarket where the produce, juices, and food deli is 100% organic and 100% delicious! 
Do you guys want to know how to shop in grocery stores? I can show you tips on how to get true organic food on a budget! 📸 @choosingchia.

USDA Organic Seal 

Do you know what the USDA Organic Seal means in a cosmetic product?

A lot! 🌳🌎🍃🌱

💕 It means the product in front of you is made with at least 95% organic ingredients, and the remaining 5% is from an approved National list.

🍃When a product is labeled USDA certified organic, it means that it went under rigorous inspection. This process respects our health while it protects and cares for the environment compared to conventional products. 🌳

💕 According to the United States Department of Agriculture- National Organic Program:💄

🍃 "If a cosmetic, body care product or personal care product contains or is made up of agricultural ingredients, and can meet the USDA/NOP organic production, handling, processing, and labeling standards, it may be eligible to be certified under the NOP regulations."

💕 Only after a USDA-accredited organic certifying agent verifies the entire operation, then a new Certified organic product is born!

🍃When you find a product that displays this prestigious seal, you have found a precious product made with the highest and purest ingredients around. A product that is a reflection of responsibility, quality, and sustainability. When we buy USDA Certified Organic we are changing our world!🌎

Not sure how a USDA seal look like? Check it here🙋‍

Target's new policy 

🎉@Target made a huge announcement on their website in favor of consumer transparency and I am very impressed with it!✨ ​
​✅They planned a strategy that will provide better products for us and the planet. 
In their new chemical policy, they are promoting green chemistry and direct vendors, and for suppliers to develop safer alternatives.
🔬Target is analyzing the products they are offering in their stores by asking for major improvements. They are asking for reformulations of 💄beauty care, 🧸baby care, 🧴personal care and 🧼household cleaning products, without parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, all by 2020. They are investigating unclear ingredients, such as the fragrances.👩🏻‍🔬 ​
​​✅They are also planning to remove chemicals from 🧵textiles, such as flame retardants, by 2022 and invest in 👗textile recycling technologies by 2020.
🌎Their job and effort to remove unwanted chemicals from their stores is a huge step. It will create new standards, sets an example for other stores, and will drive industry change.✨ ​
​​💚By making consumer safety a priority over the business, it will shape the market and offers a more transparent, sustainable, and safer shopping experience. 🍃🛒I will probably start to shop at Target in the near future. 🛍
Great job, Target!!👏 ​​ To learn more link is here!

Contact Us:

(530) 763-2784  

(530) SO-EARTH

Info@PrettyOrganicGirl.com

  • Instagram - Grey Circle
  • YouTube - Grey Circle